Burning sage, also known as smudging, is an ancient spiritual ritual. Dried sage is burned as a way to heal, protect, increase wisdom, and boost defense against disease. Sage has a long history of use in Native American healing as well as Egyptian, Roman, and Greek medicine.
Burning white sage is most commonly used to clear, change or shift negative or stagnant energy.
Bundle size: 10-12cm
- Light the end of your sage bundle
- The tips of the leaves should smolder slowly, releasing thick smoke
- Move through the home releasing smoke, starting at the front door, moving through to the back of the home. I like to move the smoke in a figure 8 (infinity symbol)
- Allow the smoke to linger on the areas of your body or surroundings you'd like to focus on
- Allow the ash to collect in a non flammable bowl filled with sand or small grains of stones which you can use to extinguish the smudge stick one you have finished.