Botanical name: Juniperus virginiana (cedarwood) oil
WARMING & GROUNDING FOR THE MIND & BODY.
The majestic Cedarwood tree grows silently in the cool of the forest and instills us with a sense of grounding, strength and peace. The warm soothing scent can restore us from feelings of aggression and anger, and promote a sound sleep.
How to Use:
- Diffuser:Add 6-8 drops of your Cedarwood essential oil to a diffuser.
- Quick fix: A few deep inhalations from the bottle can help when you are at work, in the car or anytime you need a quick break.
- Shower:Add 2-3 drops to the corner of the shower and enjoy the benefits of steam inhalation.
- Bath:Add up to 5 drops in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath to create a relaxing atmosphere while nourishing your skin.
- Massage:Use a 2.5% dilution; 50 drops per 100ml carrier oil.
- Hand or foot bath:Add 2 drops to a bowl of water. For inflammation consider using cold/room temperature water. For aches and tight muscles use warm/hot water.
- Compress: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold to room temperature water. For aching tight muscles use warm to hot water. Agitate a face washer in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply washer to the affected area. Repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Steam Treatment: Add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your face close to the bowl and cover the back of your head and bowl with a towel to trap the aromatic vapours. Caution due to risk of burns or scalding and keep eyes covered during treatment.